Some Pre-Valentine's Day Goodness

1.19.2012


Well I'm due for a crafty post and I have always been a fan of Valentine's Day. It's one of my favorite holidays. In fact, it's my third favorite holiday. The list goes something like this:

1. Superbowl
2. Thanksgiving
3. Valentine's Day
4. Christmas
5. 4th of July

Valentine's Day doesn't seem to be all that popular nowadays what with all the cynicism, S.A.D. nonsense, and depression associated with failed or non existent relationships. Oh and then there's the expense. There's a lot of talk about it being a holiday created for greeting card companies and florists. Well, I believe it is whatever you want it to be, and to me, what better thing is there to celebrate than love? It doesn't have to be romantic love, show love to everyone you encounter. Celebrate the love in your friendships and family.

I probably love it because I've always had good experiences with Valentines Day. I hardly ever had a boyfriend but my dad would always get me a card and often flowers or a stuffed animal. Sometimes my brothers even did this. I'd exchange Valentine's and candy with my friends at school when I was younger. Into college and high school I had amazing guy friends who gave out valentine notes and gifts to their female friends, and I made a habit of baking and distributing heart shaped goodness to as many people as possible.

So, I know it's a little early for a Valentine's Day post, but I wanted to share some project inspiration for Valentine's day.

These are my favorite Pinterest finds for cheesy ways to share candy and sentiment for Valentines day:




And lastly, I thought these handmade cards were really adorable. Have you ever thought about giving cards anonymously? Not in a misleading way (no "From your Secret Admirer" stuff), but in a "Hey, I admire you and you don't even know me" sort of way. It could make someone's day.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's really cute your dad and brothers got you gifts for valentines day! Who says it has to be romantic love? My girlfriends and I in China used to go out together, not in a spiteful way, but just us girls, dressed up, for drinks and fun and we'd even buy each other flowers. It was a lot of fun (and we even thought we were original, haha). These are sweet valentines ideas.

    ReplyDelete