Boy or Girl?

4.09.2012


Our life is going to be a blur for the next few weeks. We have about a million and one things happening and a million more things to do. The biggest thing is that we're moving again. In less than two weeks in fact and we have a grand total of 3 boxes packed. Expected and unexpected expenses are popping up around every corner. Naturally.

Scheduled in amidst the insanity is the sonogram. You know, the one where you get to find out exactly who you're going to be meeting in a few months time. The one that enables you to start calling your future child a him, or her, or by their name. No more "it" or the more affectionate "blob", no sir. And part of me feels like it will all become so much more real once I know whose in there.

So everyone is making their predictions and asking what we think it will be. My little poll indicates that most people think it's going to be a girl. John Paul thinks it's a boy. I'm leaning towards girl.

Truth be told, if asked, I'd probably say I want a boy. That's partially because I loved having older brothers and if I have a daughter, I'd love for her to have older brothers. It's also in part because while I want a mixture of boys and girls...if I had to choose all of one or the other, I'd pick boys. I think I'd be better at raising boys. One of my fears has always been having all girls and until I have a boy, that fear will always be in the back of my mind.

But that being said...I've been becoming less and less attached to my ideas about gender. Whatever God gives us, I'm completely fine with because those are the children we're meant to have. Even if it is all girls. And honestly, the idea of having a little girl is sometimes more exciting that the idea of having a boy. Some days I even want a girl more than I want a boy. I guess that's a good thing. I'm positive I'll be excited either way.

I'm still debating whether or not to do a gender reveal party. We have to make it fun no matter what we do. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog, and I'm so glad I did :) Congratulations on the baby! With my first I went back and forth in mind a lot about which gender too. I thought for sure girl, when the ultrasound tech said boy I was overcome with happiness. He stole my heart :)

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete