28: John Paul

9.12.2014

When I met John Paul he was 21 and he looked like this:


He had long hair, wore skinny jeans, and played guitar in a band. We had similar taste in music, basically the same upbringing, and nearly identical senses of humor. He had a smile and charisma that drew you to him and when you got to know him you quickly realized what a ginormous heart for others he had. He was the kind of guy that saw the best in others while I questioned their motives. He was loyal, kind, funny, and soooo good looking. He apparently felt the same way about me because we soon found ourselves dating.


Our combined awesome was almost too much for the world to handle. It didn't take long for me to realize I needed to spend the rest of my life with this guy.


So I married him. 

The last 4 1/2 years of marriage has been quite an adventure. There have been many bumps along the way including this one:


Today is his 28th birthday---an age that is both old and young. And I guess I still like the guy. ;)


So Happy Birthday to my husband John Paul---truly my best friend. I am so thankful that we spend so much time laughing, that you are a wonderful dad, that you still have that big heart and killer smile, and that you remain soooo good looking. Here's to a lifetime full of birthday celebrations, love, adventure, laughter, and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment