Beatin' the Heat with the Nieces

7.25.2011

I've always loved New York summers. The weather is beautiful, the city and villages come alive with activities and festivals and everyone seems to really appreciate and relish the ability to be outside. That being said, this has been a HOT one (record breaking). Our apartment doesn't have AC so it is like living inside a little oven. Luckily we have a window unit in our bedroom so we can sleep peacefully. I spend a lot of time in there these days.

Last week we had a few days of surrogate parenthood as my 7 and 9 year old nieces came to stay. It was really fun and I love those kids to death. It was also exhausting and expensive. Although my sister-in-law Julie affectionately referred to the week as a week of "birth control" it did not deter us from wanting kiddos of our own, haha. It was nice to see my brother and sister in law as well since I don't get to see my family all that often.

The week started with a bang (Fireworks at the Falls) and time with the McLaughlin clan. Other highlights include the Maid of the Mist, the Buffalo Zoo, movies, shopping, lots of swimming, LOTS of Selena Gomez, the Canal Fest, and of course lots and lots of dance parties. There may have even been a choreographed number that included John Paul (which I was not allowed to video tape) and I did document some of the fun!

Here are a few pictures and a short, very poorly edited video that I promised to post for the girls:

 John Paul took them to the Buffalo Zoo
Chloe lost a front tooth while here...
They decided that while they were in NY they were "McLaughlins"
(Matching)
 (King of the World Poses)
 (Biggest smile ever?)
 


and last but not least...



1 comment:

  1. Omg i keep laughing at John Paul singing in the back ground lol

    ReplyDelete